Thursday 20 August 2015

The majority of violent crimes are committed between people who know each other, and I'm very careful who I associate with (or even talk to).
I look to avoid trouble by steering clear of, and being aware of;
Drunk people and places they congregate (towncentres at weekends!).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHSFiNl3bzU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oOoAIANWCY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nB4VGQVkhrk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJSOZDfm3t0

'Street' people (be they junkies, gangs of young people or whatever)

My home is on the outskirts of London, and whilst there are some dodgy people and violent crime here, it's generally a pretty cool spot.
I go to the shops after dark (if necessary)- never my missus.

Burglars are something that can always, potentially, be a problem (in another place I lived, I chased four of them off and only afterwards realised how dangerous that situation could have been).
Plenty of advice on how to secure your home etc. is available through the magic of Google (!), as is all sorts of info. on your local crime statistics, and pretty much anything else you can think of! Emoticono smile
Here in the UK, we are not allowed to arm ourselves, unless actually in the face of an immediate threat or attack to our lives.
One of my 'hobbies' happens to be DIY, so there are always a few tools lying about the house...

There are number of people with obvious mental health issues who live near me, but none are overly aggressive.

Professional criminals can be the hardest to spot or anticipate (if they're any good at their 'job').
I'm switched on though, confident and above average size and fitness (and I wear pretty cheap clothes, anyway!)-
so this- generally- wouldn't put me top of the list for robbers, etc.

I do have people from my past who could hold a grudge for certain things, and these people are potentially dangerous (with histories of violence and criminality).
They don't live close to me though, don't know where I am and might have (almost!) forgotten/forgiven what happened.
They may not have, though- so whilst it doesn't 'weigh' too heavily on my mind, I remain aware of this possible threat, along with all the others listed (and no doubt one or two more that I can't think of).

No comments:

Post a Comment