Saturday 5 September 2015

I finally got a tyre system set up in the local park, and was hitting away with the cane, with my healthier (but clumsier and weaker) left hand. Emoticono smile
Charles from the Metropolitan Bartitsu Club was right about the sound it would make. LOL I can definitely feel it in my shoulder now, too (I'll have to balance doing that with my boxing training, as I've got to look after 'meself', with the advancing years...). I've basically got like a cargo strap from a lorry, with which I can tie the tyre (which has a brick and sandbags strapped with bungees inside it) from branches for hitting with hands/elbows/weapons, or around trunks of trees for savate low-kicks. Today, I was practicing chasse bas and coup de pied bas, with set-ups with the hands. Even after one session with James Southwood http://londonsavate.co.uk/ my technique feels improved, even if I have to go through the 'fancy prancy' assaut stuff to get it.
From next week, I will be training boxing, wrestling, savate and la canne Vigny/Bartitsu at dedicated clubs, and self defence and 'Nouveau-Bartitsu' stuff with my own 'Modern Antagonistics' group.
Exciting stuff! Emoticono smile

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Modern-Antagonistics/1475307999457462?ref=ts&fref=ts

No comments:

Post a Comment